ECA Member-Only Scholarships
Four $2,500 scholarships are awarded annually – one to the top applicant in each ECA-membership category: General Contractor, Trade Contractor, Manufacturer & Supplier, and Associate Member.
- David Brookes (ECA member, Calvin Vander Leest, Vital Engineering)
- Kieran Maheden (ECA member, Mirra Maheden, PCL Construction)
- Nicholas Ambrozic (ECA member, Chris Ambrozic, Scorpio Masonry)
- Gauhar Ali (ECA member, Riaz Ali, BARCOL Door)
- Julia Robertson: daughter of Barry Robertson at Synergy Projects Ltd.
- Brandon Horning: son of Rich Horning at On Site Placement
- Aurora Leddy: daughter of Robert Leddy at HUB Intl.
- Jade Benson: daughter of Pride Benson at Dee-Jay Plumbing & Heating Ltd.
ECA supports dozens of young men and women in their trade training and apprenticeship, through scholarships drawn from endowment funds built up by the ECA Board of Directors over many years. The hundreds of thousands of dollars committed to these funds underscores the ECA's commitment to ensuring a vibrant and ready workforce, for generations to come.
Every year, the following scholarships are awarded on behalf of ECA Members:
- 46 Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Trades Awards ($1000)
- 4 Women in Construction Awards ($1000)
- 5 Thygesen Family Awards ($1500)
- 10 NAIT Awards ($1000)
- 1 University of Alberta Construction Administration Award ($1000)
External scholarships are administered by our educational partners at AIT, NAIT, and U of A. Applications are not received by ECA.