ECA Total Endowment: $1,374,400
Student Support Per-Year: $101,000
ECA supports dozens of young men and women in their trade training and apprenticeship, through scholarships drawn from endowment funds built up by the ECA Board of Directors over many years. The hundreds of thousands of dollars committed to these funds underscores the ECA's commitment to ensuring a vibrant and ready workforce, for generations to come.
On behalf of the award recipients, we would like to thank the ECA membership for their support of these scholarship initiaitives.
Every year, the following scholarships are awarded on behalf of ECA Members:
- 46 Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Trades Awards ($46,000)
- 4 ECA Family Member Scholarships ($10,000)
- 5 Thygesen Family Awards ($7,500)
- 4 Women in Construction Awards ($4,000)
- 4 NAIT Advancement Carpentry Awards ($4,000)
- 10 NAIT Awards ($1,000)
- 4 NAIT Terry Fulcher Scholarships ($10,000)
- 1 University of Alberta Construction Administration Award ($1,000)
Contact us for more information on each of these scholarships.
*Partner scholarships are administered by our educational partners at AIT, NAIT, and U of A. Applications are not received by ECA.
ECA Family Member Recipients
Each year, the ECA recognizes the achievements and volunteer service of first-year students *under 20 years old, whose parents are employed by ECA member firms. Four $2,500 scholarships are awarded on behalf of the ECA membership.
1. Brett Ambrozic – Trade Contractor – Scorpio Masonry
2. Rachael Hansen – General Contractor - Fillmore
3. Ethan Currie – M & S - Expocrete Concrete Products
4. Christina Benvenuto- Architect- Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd.
5. Alan Samycia – Trade Contractor – Desco Coatings of Alberta Ltd.
- Nancy Skorobohach (VETS Group)
- Matthew Fransson (Urban Systems Ltd.)
- Samantha Sjolie (Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd.)
- Kaitlin Jaffray (Clark Builders)
- Adam Samycia
- Andy Barr
- Hanna Kozak
- Kevin Lin
- David Brookes
- Kieran Maheden
- Nicholas Ambrozic
- Gauhar Ali
Application Deadline, October 12, 2020 - 4:00 pm
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com or by phone at 587-773-0899