COOLNet is the largest construction opportunity site in Alberta, hosting over 4,000 public bidding opportunities, and over 1,500 private opportunities every year. The service is brought to you by the 8 Local Construction Associations in Alberta, working together in partnership.
COOLNet also includes private sub-trade bid management and online bidding for contractors and owners across the province.
Connect Your Business to Opportunities
COOLNet Alberta is the largest public-access plan room for construction opportunities, project tendering, and online bidding in Alberta. COOLNet is working with all stakeholders in construction to build a single source for construction procurement and information in Alberta. We create better access to opportunities, and sensible tools that create clarity and efficiency in the construction procurement process.
Through our continued partnership with the Government of Alberta, COOLNet provides industry access to more than 4,000 publicly-tendered construction projects every year, including pre-bid, pre-qualification notices, and bid results.
Become a member of the ECA and immediately receive:
- 24/7 access to plans, specifications, addenda, and bidders lists for over 4,000 opportunities.
- Daily email notifications for opportunities matching your profile.
- Find new business by advertising your company on project bidders lists
- List your firm on the Public Directory to receive private bid invitations
By posting projects in the online plansroom, owners, architects, and engineers can securely share their projects and receive the best possible bids from the construction industry.
Projects of all sizes are posted at all stages of development. All types of tenders are posted – including Invitation-to-Bid, RFQ, RFP, Design-Build, Request for Trades, and more.
Contractors can view any posted project in any region if they are members of a local construction association. Those who are not association members can create a COOLNet account and access on a pay-per-project basis.
If you want your project privately available to only those companies that you invite, this can be done through COOLNet On Demand, our private bid management service.
Invitation to Bid and Document Management
Manage your project and bid documents in the most cost efficient, easy and secure way using the latest cloud technology.
On Demand streamlines more than 60 important activities into one central, online platform for all your projects.
Once your project documents are uploaded into your secure account, you can easily control and share them, send invitations-to-bid, access our comprehensive trades database, manage online bid submission, automate notifications and much more. All this with a complete audit trail so you will know exactly who saw what and when.
- Hosted System Eliminates Capital Investment
- Simple Drag & Drop Uploads for Any File Format
- Easily Control and Share Documents with Your Entire Project Team
- View, Print, Download, Search, Takeoff, or Annotate Documents Online
- Instantly Distribute Addenda
- Quickly Send Detailed Invitations to Bid
- Use Your Contact List, or Our Database
- Securely Receive Tabulated Bid Submissions Online
- Automated Notifications Reduce Claims from Errors or Omissions
- System Reports & Logs Keep Track of What Saw What, and When
The Complete Online Bidding Solution for Owners
With Etegri control remains with the owner throughout the tender process and a complete online bidding solution is provided. Etegri allows owners to post their project publicly or privately with the click of a button, ensuring the best coverage and quality of bids regardless of project location. With online bonding, prequalification, custom bid forms, and results tabulation; Etegri provides tremendous savings and efficiencies to its users and removes non-compliant bids from the tendering equation.
Features and Benefits
- Fully compliant electronic responses eliminates risk of disputes
- 30% - 60% time savings managing solicitation process
- Complete flexibility: Sealed Bids, Open Bids,
- RFQ, RFP, Supply Bid
- Ensures greater competition and improved visibility into bidder activity
- Faster, Easier, and Greener. Paperless process reduces risk of clerical errors
- More opportunities, more winning bids
- Eliminate travel, couriers and faxing of bid submissions and bonds
- Unique “in-session” bidding eliminates upload delays and late submissions
- 24/7 access to all bidding documents
- Automated notifications of relevant new opportunities and addenda
To learn more about online bidding, visit coolnetalberta.com
COOLNet is currently the leading provider of construction project information in the province, posting close to 100% of all publicly funded projects on its site. With the addition of On Demand and Online Bidding, it has become a true centralized hub for all construction project information in the province. By presenting these features in a single, integrated platform, COOLNet is helping to build an industry standard in the tendering and bidding process, creating a fair and equitable platform to tender and bid construction projects for all parties.