Greetings Valued Members and Industry Stakeholders,
As you know, the Government of Alberta released new mandatory provincewide restrictions yesterday. These new restrictions will come into effect Sunday, December 13th, and will remain in effect until at least January 12th, 2021.
Please note that construction has remained an essential service and can continue to operate. We applaud our industry as we continue to practice enhanced safety measures. Please refer to the Pandemic Planning for the Construction Industry - a guide for further information on best practices. This guide is based on collective policies and practices that are being followed by a number of General and Trade Contractors.
Mandatory work-from-home restrictions have also been imposed for non-field staff by the government. Mandatory work from home measures should be implemented unless the employer determines that work requires a physical presence for operational effectiveness.
In response to this announcement, as of December 13th, the ECA office will be making the following changes until further notice:
- To pre-order any contracts, documents, seals, or print orders, please call 780-483-1130 or email email@example.com
- The ECA office doors will be locked at all times. Please call 780-483-1130 upon arrival for service.
- We will be offering curbside pickup or we can send the order through Canada Post to you directly.
- We will offer virtual statutory declaration signing (please contact 780-483-1130 for details.)
- ECA services (contracts, printing services, etc) will be available between 9 am and 2 pm, Monday - Friday.
- All other staff will be remotely working from home between 8 am and 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
Should you have questions about the above, please contact the ECA directly.
The ECA will be closed for the holiday season between December 23rd – January 3rd, with operations resuming under these new measures on January 4th.
On behalf of ECA Staff and the Board of Directors, we wish you, your teams, and your families well. Happy Holidays – we look forward to brighter days in 2021.
John McNicoll, Executive Director