Code Of Ethics
In order to maintain the integrity of the Construction Industry, Members of the Edmonton Construction Association agree that the following principles shall govern.
- A contractor shall use tenders only from qualified and responsible sub-contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
- A bidder shall neither seek nor accept information concerning a competitor's bid prior to the opening of tenders.
- A bidder shall never make known the tender of any sub-bidder to any other sub-bidder prior to the closing of tenders; and shall never use the tender of a sub-bidder in order to secure a lower proposal from another sub-bidder.
- All bidders and sub-bidders shall be advised as soon as is reasonable subsequent to bid closing as to whether or not their bid was successful; and contracts shall be awarded with dispatch.
- All contracts shall be awarded to the successful bidders at their tendered price.
- All contractors, manufacturers and suppliers shall be paid promptly in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- All contract revisions shall be recorded and agreed upon prior to the commencement of the work.